- Do you have a good internet connection? If the Wi-Fi connection is unstable, try with another internet connection or use a hotspot.
- Make sure to have the latest app version installed from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Try relaunching the mobile app. Close your app completely, so don’t just put it in the background, and restart it.
- Do you have a good internet connection? If the Wi-Fi connection is unstable, check if a cable connection is available, try with another internet connection or use a hotspot.
- Make sure you are using the latest browser version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. In this browser, we can ensure the best quality.
- Have you closed other video conferencing tools? Or other tabs and programmes that consume resources on your computer? We advise all tabs on your browser to be closed and only keep one dashboard window open. You should also close any other applications (make sure you quit them on Mac) so that your computer can run faster.
- Do you have a VPN connection enabled? Please disable your VPN as it can block certain features on the platform.
- Windows: Settings> Network & Internet > Select VPN in the left-side menu > select the VPN Connection you want to disable and click Disconnect.
- macOS: System Preferences > Network > Select your VPN connection from the left panel > Click Disconnect.
- Android: Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Tap on VPN Toggle off
- iOS: Go to Settings > General > Tap VPN > Toggle off the VPN status to Not Connected.
- Are you using your company/university/hospital computer, or are you connected to their network? Then there might be a firewall blocking the video or audio streams. In addition to disabling the VPN (previous point) and trying a different connection (e.g. hotspot), please see the section “white listing for firewalls in corporate networks or VPNs” below.
- Try refreshing the web app using Cmd+Shift+R (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+F5 (Windows).
- If your computer has not been turned off for some time, this can slow down the platform. We advise restarting your computer.
Chat gives a message "It looks like you are offline"
If there is a notification on the chat saying: “It looks like you are offline”, the connection with the chat is not established.
- Avoid having multiple virtual rooms open at the same time.
- Try to sign out and sign in again.
- If this does not solve the issue, it could be caused by a firewall. Please check this article.
People cannot see or hear me in a virtual room
If people cannot see or hear you in a virtual room, we advise going through the following steps:
- Make sure your camera is not covered by anything.
- Click on the arrow next to the microphone icon and select the correct Audio and Video sources.
- If you are using a headset, check if the microphone is not muted on the headset itself. If the headset is wireless, check the battery level.
- Check if the browser is allowed to access your microphone and camera.
- Turn off VPN as this might block your access to the Virtual Event Platform.
(refer to firewall question)
- Relaunch the mobile app or refresh the web page using Cmd+Shift+R (Mac) or Ctrl+Shift+F5 (Windows).
I cannot share my screen
If the screen share button does not work, this is in most cases because you have previously not given your browser permission to do this. Access your system preferences to allow the browser you are using to share screen:
- On Mac: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Screen Recording. Here, add Chrome.
- On Windows: If screen sharing isn’t working this might be due to a missing ‘screen sharing extension’ in your browser. You can check this by typing chrome://extensions/ into the address bar of your browser. In case the screen sharing extension is already in place, it might be disabled; then switch it on. If the screen sharing extension isn’t there, please visit the Chrome Web Store to install one for free via this link.
Tip: If you are in a hurry, try another browser. The platform is compatible with the latest versions of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.