This article explains the User-Speaker Merge feature.
Speaker profiles can be linked and merged with user profiles. As a result:
- When an attendee clicks on a speaker profile through the Daily Programme, they will see the speaker's biography and sessions as well as the interactive features Connect, Meeting and Conversation.
- When an attendee clicks on a user profile through the Attendee list, they will see the interactive features Connect, Meeting and Conversation as well as the speaker's biography and sessions.
When not applying User-Speaker Merge, interactive features are limited to a user's profile on the Attendee List, and session information is limited to a speaker's profile in the programme.
Note! It's required to sign-in to the app to use the interactive features. When the attendees are not signed in, they will always see the default speaker profile. The interactive feature's won't be visible and access to the attendee list is restricted.
How to apply the User-Speaker Merge?
The User-Speaker Merge can be applied in 3 ways:
- Manually in the CMS
- Channel import
Manually in the CMS
Go to Data and open Persons. Click Edit for the person's name. On the person's detail page, you find the section General. Under Linked users, you can merge the speaker with the user profile:
- If the user is already on the attendee list, you can write the name and a suggestion appears in the dropdown.
- If the user is not yet added on the attendee list, you can click "Add [name] to the attendee list". A new window will pop-up where you can provide the First Name, Last Name, and Email address.
Click Save. The speaker and user profiles are now merged.
You need to add three columns to the Persons excel file:
- "linkedUser" (add the user's email address here)
Note that if the person is already added to the event's attendee list, you only need to provide information for the column "linkedUser".
After importing the excel, the user and speaker profiles are automatically merged and every user in the data is added to the attendees list.
A speaker in the data should have the following information:
It's important to give the fields the exact same strings. If this is not possible, check with your Customer Success Manager.
After running the channel, the user and speaker profiles are automatically merged and every user in the data is added to the attendees list.